Friday 3 February 2017

A change of pace: UPDATE


An earlier project

ARSE- UPDATE: LEFT OUT THE FIRST PARAGRAPH IN MY ORIGINAL DRAFT- I BLAME THE NEW MEDS AND INCIPIENT SENILITY

I've been busy of late with other projects so I've not had time to write; hence the scarcity of posts. I've been devoting time to developing new skills and investigating potential hobbies in preparation for my impending retirement. I have always been a busy person and my wife worries about how I will fill in time once I give up my hectic work schedule. To be fair she thinks I'll spend most of my spare time sequestered in my study, alone, writing. And to be honest I think she is right. With the world slowly going 'tits up' it has become increasingly enticing for me to withdraw into my inner phantasmal world.....

My new preoccupation is of an outside physical nature. As with all my interests I have thrown myself wholeheartedly into the activity as if a maniacal frenzied loon had taken possession of my very soul. At least it keeps the neighbours at bay. Although we did receive a complaint the other day when I wandered about the deck stark bollock naked. This is particularly interesting as I have a large garden retreating into native woodland and you would need a powerful pair of binoculars to obtain the full benefit of my disrobed gyrations. I'm sure the complaint wasn't for ascetic reasons as I'm a fine, well endowed figure of a man. I've digressed.

I think my wife was pleased at first as I wasn't spending hours on my own, writing, until she came to realise that I'm spending hours, on my own, in the garage, making stuff. Different hobby, same dedication and same time spent alone.

I'll not divulge, my new preoccupation, as yet. Let's just say, it isn't golf or country dancing.




6 comments:

  1. "...as if a maniacal frenzied loon had taken possession of my very soul..."

    I thought that was a fait accompli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting worse as I age Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem with hobbies is that you have to work at them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, Dio.

      My hobby is doing nothing: the trouble is, I never know when I'm finished.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Don't worry JuliaM, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. Of course I might forget or be distracted by shiny things. And let us not forget whimsy and caprice.

      Delete